AUMC is hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive on Sunday, August 16, 2020. You may donate from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall. There continues to be an urgent need for blood donations. Also, the Red Cross will be testing all blood donations for COVID-19 ANTIBODIES. Please consider donating blood and having this free test for COVID-19 antibodies. To schedule your appointment online, click the link below and enter AUMC in the “Find a Blood Drive”.
Here’s what you need to know about the COVID-19 Antibody testing:
- The Red Cross uses the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s authorized COVID-19 antibody test. It may indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the coronavirus, regardless of whether they developed symptoms.
- The Red Cross is not testing to diagnose an illness, referred to as a diagnostic test. Individuals who believe they may be ill with COVID-19 should not present to donate until they are symptom-free for 28 days.
- The blood donation process will not change. The donations will be tested using samples obtained at the time of donation. There will be no charge to donors.
- Due to the anticipated high demand, appointments are highly encouraged.
- Donors can expect to receive the results of their antibody test within 7 to 10 days of their donation through the Blood Donor App or donor portal at RedCrossBlood.org.
- Donors need to have a successful donation to receive the COVID-19 antibody test results. Per standard donation procedure, only successful donations are sent to our laboratory for testing.