Service Highlights or Announcements for this Sunday
- Reminder that this coming Sunday we will celebrate Consecration Sunday online.
- We thank those who have already returned their financial commitment to AUMC. Your generosity supports the work and ministry of Anaheim United Methodist Church. You may continue to return your commitments via mail.
- February 17th from 12 pm until 1 pm Pastor James will be imposing ashes in observation of Ash Wednesday. You can read more by clicking.
- Click here to learn more about the upcoming Lenten Book Study.
- Come check out our virtual Gather(ing) via Zoom on Wednesdays at 7 pm. We would LOVE to see you there. Come ready to discuss our scripture passage and raise our voices in song! If you would like the Zoom link, please sign up here. Sign up for the Gather Zoom meeting information here.
Reflection of the Week
Highlights for Worship: February 14, 2021.
This Sunday we celebrate not only Valentine’s Day but also the love we feel for all of Anaheim UMC’s ministries. We are deeply grateful to all of you who have pledged your offerings for 2021, and during this Sunday’s video worship we will celebrate Consecration Sunday and the dedication of our offering pledges to God.
Thankfully, our church members’ giving and service remain vital and abundant, even in these times. As we will learn in Sunday’s story of the Transfiguration of Christ, our giving is not for our own benefit, but for the future mission of God’s love in the world. Just as God teaches Simon Peter not to become entrenched in his own mountaintop experience, we too must always plant new “Seeds of Promise” for future generations, so they too may receive Christ’s love, grace, and joy.
Hope you can join us Sunday!
Scripture Passages of the Week
Six days later, Jesus took with him Peter and James and John, and led them up a high mountain apart, by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, and his clothes became dazzling white, such as no one on earth could bleach them. And there appeared to them Elijah with Moses, who were talking with Jesus. Then Peter said to Jesus, ‘Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; let us make three dwellings, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.’ He did not know what to say, for they were terrified. Then a cloud overshadowed them, and from the cloud there came a voice, ‘This is my Son, the Beloved; listen to him!’ Suddenly when they looked around, they saw no one with them anymore, but only Jesus.
As they were coming down the mountain, he ordered them to tell no one about what they had seen, until after the Son of Man had risen from the dead.